Monday, January 11, 2010

Today's Question

I want to know why everyone thinks I am so young. Is it how I look? How I dress? How I act? Please feel free to leave comments.


M
Yes....
.... and that fact that you are young.
M
Well, you dress very... youthful. You also act very... youthful.
B
i agree its the way you act and dress. take me for example when at work i look professional and adult. the rest of the time i look like a 20 year old bum.
M
I thought the subject was Liz... that was an inappropriate ad-hominum attack. For those of you who weren't there back in Classical Greece, that means you attacked my person rather than stuck with the subject. I knew Plato. I would've been upset
B
one of the things is, its how you present yourself. i can wear the same clothes at work and home and i will be presenting myself completely differently. at work i am confident, professional person, at home i am not.
M. I just wanted to add that acting young and dressing young doesn't only apply to the workplace. It also is a way of acting and thinking. Future thought and preparation are two things that I think are very important to an "older" and mature adult.
E
There is a diffence when being 30 and everyone is saying ya look 20. I'm not talking about that kind of look.
M
You wanted comments, I gave you comments. Foresight and looking past immediate gratification is a process. You are far from 30, but you don't act "older" as you define it. If this is not what you are talking about, then what are you talking about?
Eli.
Thanks guys. Well its easier to work from the outside in. As all of u kno I'm having a lot of inner issues that will slow down the "presenting myself" part of this.
Eli.
I'm saying I'm takin ur comments. I just kno me I would have to work from the outside in but I want eberyone to b free and say what they want. What about my apperence seems"youthful"? What do u think I can change or do? I kno I need to present myself better and have more self assurance and that is something I am working on. What else about mayb the way I present myself now makes me seem young? I would like to improve myself and I'm asking for help from my friends.
liz
Those of you who c me in person can comment at the time on something i do, say, wear that might be what is making me seem young and possible not so mature. I would really appriciate the help. Thank You. :)
N/ because you just look young as it is--just physically, you have to compensate by looking extra mature if you want to look older (i think). if we're talking work-related, polished hairstyle, heels (even small ones), office-wear. long-term perspective definitely important (not only when you're 30 :-P). that doesn't mean that you have to know what you...
liz
Alright. I'm talking about general everyday. But work also especially if I wanna work in a diff place.
N
I'm talking general everyday too... thinking long-term and not just 'inthemoment' is a big everyday thing. whether or not that IS how you think, mb that's not how you're perceived, which is partially in your control.
N
and the dressing thing applies to everyday as well. Why does it bother you that others think you're younger than you are?
Liz-I'm not sure but it does. Its hard to explain but its a feeling I have inside. Like sometimes I don't fit in which makes me more self conscious.
N
In that case I think maybe you should try to find a way to go back to school.
N
Listen, if u don't know the answer to your question, there's something you're not seeing, so maybe take what you 'don't agree with' into consideration...
I'm saying going back to school could potentially help with this problem. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment