Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Love Vs. Infatuation

So I asked today what's the difference between Love and Infatuation. Here are some of the responses i received.

-infatuation can b immediate, isnt necessarily based on real emotions, and doesnt last. I thnk love is something that takes more time to developand is based on real feelings and on the relationship... And i dunno about it lasting... Fuck love!... Just...kidding (ZG)

-Infatuation is temporary. Simple as that. (HMS)

-Here is an easy way to figure it out... ask yourself, could you let the person go if you knew it was whats best for them? If yes, then you love the person because you put their feelings first. If no, then its infatuation because that means you just want to hold onto them for your own well being. (ER)

-you can always get over infatuation-love not (AR)

-I agree that love is very complicated, wish i knew that answer myself. (AD)

-Infatuation is mostly a combination of lust and novelty. Love endures. (ISB)

-I don't think love is necessarily permanent. Well, maybe ideally it is, but people aren't necessarily permanent, and people can fall out of love and ugh, that's a nasty thought. When I've been in love I've usually found it easy to think long term, like what would my whole life look like with the significant other. The moment you're in is important but you need to be able to back a little off and think to know what's really going on. You can see how much of yourself is happily committed to it. (CO)

-See, again, I'd say real love is unselfish. People generally say they've "fallen out of love" when in reality they've just fallen more deeply in love with themselves than with their partners. (ISB)

-I'd say it's dangerous to presume that much about what other people feel, Ian. But the belief sounds hardcore, so go you. (CO)

No comments:

Post a Comment